Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Naita-Akaoni

My mom’s hobby is collection of picture books, so I really know a lot of interesting storybooks of Japan. Good storybooks are impressive even for adults. I’ll show you my favorite one, “Naita Akaoni.” It means that “Red demon cried.” It is very popular book in Japan;)
....... Naita Akaoni.......
Once upon a time, one red demon and blue demon lived in a mountain. Red demon was very kind, and he wanted to make friends with humans. However, people who lived near the mountain were afraid of him because they didn’t know or didn’t try to know that he was actually a kind demon. People run away from him and said, “Run, run! Cruel demon came to eat us!” when red demon approached them. He was always sorry that he was a demon.
He set up a sign in front of his house, and it said, “I am a kind and polite demon! Please come in and take a break with me! Don’t hesitate! I always prepare tea and sweets for you!” However, people said, “Demon will eat us if we go into his house! You know, he is a cruel demon.” Nobody came there, and red demon was very sad.
His friend, blue demon was also kind, and he was always sorry to see red demon. Blue demon said to red demon,
“Hey, buddy! Don’t be sad! I think that you can make friends with humans someday.”
“Thanks, Blue demon. But I can’t because they run away from me!”
“Do you want human friends in any way?”
“Yeah! Yeah! Have you seen them play? They looked so fun. I wanted to join them…”

“……I have a good idea for you!”
“Really!? Tell me!”
Blue demon whispered his idea to red demon.
Red demon heard that, and he said,“Wow!! It is a good idea! Thank you so much, my best friend!”
“No problem! You are my friend, huh?”
Next day, they went to village that people lived, and they saw children play with a Japanese ball from bushes. Blue demon said,“Are you ready, buddy?”
Red demon nodded. Suddenly, blue demon burst from bushes, and shouted to children
, “I’m from the mountain to eat you!!”
Children screamed, and tried to run away from him, but he caught one girl. She cried,“Somebody helps me!!!!!”
Blue demon said, “Nobody helps you. I’m going to eat you!”
At the moment, red demon appeared in front of blue demon, and said, “Release her!”
Blue demon said, “I don’t! Why do you disturb me? Do you also wanna eat her? She’s mine!”
“No! I want to help her!! If you don’t release her, I’ll fight you!”
Then, Red demon pounced at blue demon, and pretended to hit and kick him.
Blue demon cried, “Ouch! Ouch! Don’t! Okey! I’ll release her, so don’t hit me any more!”
“All right! I’ll forgive you. Go away!”
Red demon said that, and blue demon run away hurriedly. Children gathered around red demon and thanked him very much. The girl who were helped by red demon said, “You are so kind! Thank you so much! I didn’t know that there was so kind demon. You are my lifesaver! Could you come to my house and have dinner with my family?
“Sure! Can I, can I go…?”
“Of course! Why not?”
Now, red demon was so happy, and he made friends with humans. He thanked Blue demon so much. The night, people held a party for him, and he enjoyed it very much.
After the party, it was completely dark and midnight. Red demon hurried blue demon’s house and wanted to thank him, but nobody answered although he knocked blue demon’s door. He wandered and opened the door. Soon, she found that there was a paper on a table, and it was a letter from Blue demon.
It said, “I’m really really glad that you made human friends. I have to go away from this mountain because people will become to hate you if they know that I’m still here, and I’m your friend. I’m okay, don’t worr.............. I’ll be your best friend forever...Good bye.”
Red demon read this letter, and started to cry. He cried and cried. He stopped crying, remembered blue demon and started to cry again and again.

20 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, November 17, 2005, Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Awwwww!! That was such a sad ending!! :( :(

*sobs sobs*

Get the Blue Demon back please!!

 
At 6:49 AM, November 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AW, cute story yo ma told u... I read story's from bookz :-P lol.
Anyways,
Dat was a good friend, n demon. Dem ppl shouldve given him a chance tho.... But great story, make a pt II ;-) PEACE

 
At 2:00 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

---Cheesy
It's so sad ending....blue demon is too kind;( I think that red demon's friend was enough because he had very very good friend, blue demon!!!! Blue Demon, come back!!!!

---Quz Boss
I hope to make a part II too;) Good friends always give chances!!! I think that it's a great story, and very Japanese style!

 
At 6:18 PM, November 17, 2005, Blogger saurav said...

awww so sad... nice story Haruna...like it...

Konnich-wa, Ikaga desuka ?

 
At 11:29 AM, November 18, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

yeah, i like this story since i was a child....
woooow! great japanese;)

 
At 12:57 PM, November 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is great! As I said, my story's all came from bookz--- lol! Part II should be da comback of da otha demon. Till den, can't wait wat den happenz ;-) PEACE

 
At 3:33 PM, November 18, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

All came from books!? LOL!!!
Yeah! Comeback story is a good idea:D!!!!!

 
At 9:51 AM, November 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course... U betta get strted soon ;-) PEACE

 
At 6:38 PM, November 21, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

---Yuki
Yeah! It's a classic story of Japan:) I did it by myself! Really? Thanx so much;D

---Quz Boss
Thanx:) hehe;-) PEACE!!!!!

 
At 10:27 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Colin said...

Cool Story!

Are you going to put more stories on your blog???

:D

 
At 10:46 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Lavinia said...

aaw, that's a wonderful story. So sad, but also inspiring.

Thank you for sharing it with us Haruna. You rock girl!

 
At 1:08 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

---Colin
Yeah! If I can....;) There are a lot of good stories in Japan:D

---Lavinia
Yes, I think that this story is not only sad....it makes me think;) What is friends for me!!??

 
At 3:08 AM, November 24, 2005, Blogger El Samurai Dibujante said...

It seems a great story. Maybe it has a sad ending, but I think it has a lot more sense.
Demons are very common in Japanese stories, aren't they?
I'd like to read more stories.

 
At 8:12 AM, November 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Haruna
I went to Tully's this morning and saw your Y32,000 coffee machine while I was buying my Y300 coffee. I thought...that is 100 cups of coffee. Yikes.

 
At 8:39 PM, November 24, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

---El Samurai Dibujante
Welcome to my blog:) Yeah! That's right!! Demons appear in many Japanese stories, but such kind demon hardly appear....You like Japan, don't you;)!??

---Kirk
Haha!!! You made a good choise;) Y32,000 is too expensive!!!! Tully's coffee maker is Y11,ooo. It's better!

 
At 6:35 AM, November 25, 2005, Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Where have u disappeared????

 
At 10:54 AM, November 25, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

Here I am:)!!!!!!!!! I'll update my blog soon! Sorry! Thanx, Cheesy:D

 
At 11:42 AM, November 25, 2005, Blogger Keshi said...

Cool stuff...

Keshi.

 
At 2:38 PM, November 26, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

Thanx;)

 
At 4:31 PM, February 16, 2014, Blogger Unknown said...

I heard another version of this story, where Red Demon lost control and beat the Blue Demon too hard, trying to please people. It was in anime called Tokyo Godfathers)
Is this story have only one right version?
Sorry for my english. Greetings from Kazakhstan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home