Friday, September 02, 2005

Adopted Chidren

It's so cute, isn't it??
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
In Japan, it is VERY RARE to adopt children because of some prejudices. Most people think that there are lots of problems of such family....Actually, adoption is sometimes severely criticized by the public here. I think that Japanese people have strong prejudices because they have lived in small and isolated island.
I met one family when I was 12 years old. This family's father is an American and mother is a Japanese. They lived in Japan, and they had five children. Two of them was their real child, but three of them was adopted by orphans' home in Japan. It was the first and the last time to see adopted children in my 19-year life in Japan.
They loved each other and treated just as they were. The couples said to me, "The most important thing is not blood, but love. Japanese people's prejudices are wrong. It is natural that couples who need their own child adopt children who need their own parents. Of course, there are a few problems, but no family have them."
The meeting with them affected and moved me. From then, I'm so interested in the problems of orphans. I'd like to change Japanese people's thought, and know about the situation of orphans over the world.
When I was a high school student, I said, "I want to adopt children in the future if I can."
My friends answered, "Why? It's so difficult!! I think that your own child is the best!!! Your future husband won't allow you to do so! You shouldn't!"
I know how difficult to change people's concept, but I'll do my best:)

9 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, September 03, 2005, Blogger saurav said...

so cute........huuuggzzzzz...

 
At 3:28 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

I like panda!!!! :D!!!

 
At 6:30 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Lavinia said...

Haruna you are such a lovely girl. I'm sure when you are ready for it any child would be lucky to have you as a parent.

In South Africa adoptions often happen within families or neighbours, so it is not uncommon. The thing that is quite uncommon is white parents adopting a black child.

Many traditional black people are against it but young people for the most part think its good if it means that child will have the love of parents and a better life.

That was a wonderful post:)

 
At 2:20 AM, September 07, 2005, Blogger max said...

今シンガポ−ルに60年前の二回世界大戦の記念日。もうすぐ新聞にメールを書いてあげます...

 
At 2:29 PM, September 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post. I think that if you put your mind to it, you can do anything. Adopt as many children as you want. Multi-colored families are the most beautiful in my opinion.

<3

 
At 3:41 PM, September 07, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

---Lavinia
Thank you for your kind comment:)!!
Adoptions is rare even within families and neighbors in Japan.
I would like many Japanese people to be interested in such things.
I think that people change their thoughts if they meet family I wrote.
I'll do my best!!;D

---Max the faithdully talented
Thanks for your comment!! You're Japanese is very good!!;D!

---Michelle
Yeah!! I think so too!!
The definition of good families is not the same skin color or eyes:)
It is trust and love!

 
At 6:40 PM, September 09, 2005, Blogger Colin said...

Hey Haruna,
You truly are a good person!
If only more people in this world were like you!
:D

 
At 11:30 AM, September 13, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

Hey, Long time no see:D
Thank you, Colin!!

 
At 6:59 PM, September 13, 2005, Blogger Colin said...

Hey Haruna!
How are you?
I still need to send you your prize for becoming the 200th visitor to Aliental!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home