Saturday, August 20, 2005

Shiretoko, the World Heritage!!

Today, I have too many pics to show you.
I went to Shiretoko with my family:D Shiretoko was selected as the World Heritage recently!!! It was long long way from my house.
It took about seven hours!!!! I was exhausted, but I saw many beautiful and spectacular views, and I had precious experiences:)
I ran across, say, wild deer!!!!! They were very cute! It is my first time to see such wild deer! They weren't scared people at all, so that I could take some pics;) I was very exciting so I got off my dad's car and approached deer. They were eating grass. They were used to people very much. When I said to them, "I wanna take your pic!" they turned their faces toward us;) So cute!! But many deer are killed by cars because they approach people's cars without hesitation. I want them to be more careful!


We went to Oshinkoshin waterfall. It was a magnificent view, and I was impressed by it. Oshinkoshin means "Three waterwall" in an old Ainu language.

And, I saw other waterfalls. In one small waterfall, fish were trying to overleaping it to go to the place to lay their eggs. I saw much fish jump. Some of them succeed in jumping over waterfall, but most of them couldn't do it, and died. It is very sad story, isn't it?


I went to a farm, and there were many horses. There, visitors could ride horses, but it was very expensive. In fact, I fell from a horse when I was about seven years old, so I don't like riding, hehe;P

I went to Mashuko. It is famous lake in Japan. Normally, a dense fog lay all around Mahuko and it is rare for people to see the clear view of it. I was very lucky and there were no fog!!! I heard one boy say "I should release the shutter of my mind." Wow! Cool!! LoL:)

I went up a big observatory and saw a beautiful ocean!!! This observatiry was a huge monolith! I had to climb a long stairs to go to the top of it. Many people who were older than me overtook me.
I realized that my strength began to decline...I must play sports more!! I have been very exhausted when I was in the top:( But the view from there was very beautiful.

At the end of our trip, I ate a delicious *kaisendon like pic:D There were *uni (urchin) and *sashimi on rice!! In Japan, uni is a very expensive food. It was very good!!
I had a precious and nice time anyway. It was very nice place! Japan can be proud of Shiretoko:D


---Japanese words
*kaisendon--a big bowl, that there are many seafood on rice
*uni--sea urchin
*sashimi--sliced raw fish

11 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, August 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!!
I came from Yuki's blog.
I went back to my home towm till three days ago and I went to Siretoko too!!
There were many people.
Waterfall is wonderful!!
but the deers aren't rare for me!
Automobile insurance won't help the accidents cars collides with deers.terrible!!

 
At 10:51 AM, August 22, 2005, Blogger saurav said...

nice pictures....

 
At 12:52 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

---Asami
Hey!! How are you?
When I went there, there were many many deer!! Maybe about 20!
Yesterday, I saw deer in my hometown! I was suprised!
I like deer;)!!
Yeah, I think that Shiretoko gavornment should make deer insurance!!
See you:D

---Avik
Thanks, Avik:D

 
At 6:05 PM, August 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came back from Hokkaido today. We also went to Mashuko, but it was completely foggy. We could barely see past the fence! My friend says there was a popular song called "Foggy Mashuko"...that is all we saw. Anyway, thanks for the picture - now I know what I was missing.

 
At 11:42 PM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Gaurav said...

wow ..u go a lot of places !!

'tis cool.

 
At 6:24 PM, August 23, 2005, Blogger Colin said...

Wow! The water looks so blue!

Nice!

:D

 
At 2:23 AM, August 24, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

---Kirk
Hey! I just went to your blog:) Your pics were very nice too!!
I like those nature:D!!!!
Hokkaido is very nice place:D
I can't see everything about Hokkaido although I live there.

---Gaurav
I don't wanna see places only of Japan, but also of many other countries!!
My ultimate dream is looking everything in the world;D

---Yuki
Thanks! These pics that are on my blog were taken by my dad's sell phone. Can you belive it?

---Colin
I love blue ocean but one of my hometown is very dirty....and there are many "No Swimming Here" signs..OMG!!

 
At 8:02 AM, August 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

every road we drove on had those tall poles so you know where to go when the snow is deep. it must be a long winter!

 
At 9:28 PM, August 25, 2005, Blogger Lavinia said...

Oh wow..what amazing pictures Haruna!

I am soo visiting Japan as soon as I can. Looks like you had a lot of fun. I am a big Otaku of your lovely blog.

 
At 4:39 PM, August 27, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

---Kirk
Yeah! Hokkaido has a big winter. But, these days, winter of Hokkaido is being warmer because of global warning...I'm afraid of such phenomenon...

---Lavinia
Thanx. I wanna go to your cuontry!! You have a lovely blog too. I like it:D
Is "Otaku" common word in South Africa? That's great!!!

 
At 6:59 PM, September 01, 2005, Blogger HARUNA said...

You should go to Shiretoko before you die!!!LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home